Cigar City Brewing Hunahpu's Day 2020
- Mar 13 Friday 6:00 PM Buy Tickets
Join Cigar City Brewing, over 100 breweries, and thousands of beer lovers from around the world in celebrating the 11th annual Hunahpu’s Day craft beer festival in Tampa, Florida. Centered around the annual release of Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout, this festival offers beer lovers the opportunity to taste some of the world’s rarest and most sought-after beers in unlimited 2 ounce pours while rubbing elbows with the brewers themselves. Entrance to Hunahpu’s Day also grants you bottles of Cigar City Brewing’s award winning Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout, a massive Imperial Stout with Chili Peppers, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Cacao Nibs that’s released only once a year at the festival.
About the Festival
One of the premier craft beer events in the United States, Hunahpu’s Day craft beer festival is an annual one-day celebration of Cigar City Brewing’s Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout. Thousands of rabid beer fans descend on Tampa, Florida from all over the world to collect bottles of this legendary stout and celebrate its release with over 100 world class breweries while sampling their finest and rarest offerings in unlimited 2 ounce pours. Bottles of Hunahpu’s, a commemorative tasting glass, food, entertainment and camaraderie are all included in the cost of your ticket.
About the Beer
In Mayan mythology, Hun Hunahpu was the father of the Mayan hero twins Hunahpu and Xbalanque. Hun Hunahpu, along with his brother Vucub Hunahpu, was tricked by the Dark Lords of the underworld and slain. As a result, Hun Hunahpu’s head was hung on a tree, which in typically awesome mythology fashion, spit upon the hand of a young maiden named Xquic who promptly became pregnant with the hero twins. The twins would ultimately grow up to avenge their father and uncle and defeat the Dark Lords and ascend the heavens to become the moon and sun. We brew Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout once a year and release it only at the brewery on the second weekend in March, and we will continue to do so until the end of the cycle.
For our 11th cycle, Hunahpu’s will again have variants available with the different ticket tiers.
- The 4-bottle ticket will include 4 bottles of 2020 Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout. An imperial stout with Cinnamon, Vanilla, Cacao and Ancho, Pasilla and Guajillo Chili Peppers.
- Our 8-bottle ticket will include 4 bottles of 2020 Hunahpu’s + 4 bottles of a Spanish Cedar rested Hunahpu’s variant.
- The VIP 12-bottle ticket will include 4 bottles of 2020 Hunahpu’s + 4 bottles of a Spanish Cedar rested Hunahpu’s variant + 4 bottles of a Coffee and Hazelnut Hunahpu’s variant.
Parking + Transportation
As our partners at Water Street Tampa continue to develop the 60 contiguous acres in the neighborhood surrounding AMALIE Arena, we ask for your patience and consideration when planning your visit to cheer on the Lightning or enjoy a concert or family show. We are pleased to report that the development project is well underway with a hotel and USF Health's Morsani College of Medicine in the midst of construction while we expect to see groundbreakings on several other projects. Roadways are being realigned, traffic patterns are changing and new transportation options are emerging - all with a vision of creating a more user-friendly environment in the blocks surrounding AMALIE Arena.
As you plan your trip downtown, we aim to keep you informed of these new developments, offering you all you need to know about arriving at AMALIE safe and on time for your event.
For the quickest arrival and departure, we suggest the following parking options.
Discover all of our in-arena dining options below.
Prohibited Items + Camera Policy
The following items cannot be brought into AMALIE Arena events:
- Bags larger than 12x12x12 inches, backpacks or wrapped packages
- Small "point and click" cameras are permitted, and all other cameras are prohibited. Video and audio recording devices and camera bags are also prohibited.
- Binoculars are permitted. Binocular bags are not permitted
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Bottles, cans, or containers of any kind
- Sharp objects, sticks or poles of any kind
- Pepper spray or mace
- Food or beverage items
- Drugs or controlled substances
- Chairs, folding chairs or any other type of individual chair for use
- Large banners or signs, banners or signs with objectionable language, banners or signs on a pole of any kind
- Noisemakers and horns
Keep in mind that AMALIE Arena will utilize a variety of search techniques at all entry points. Thank you for your cooperation.